Effective as of October 16, 2016
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information - text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information - your name, e-mail address, date of birth, and SSN (or other governmental issued verification numbers).
- Device Information – device MAC address and other device identification data
- We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes.
- Social Media Information - including but not limited to your Facebook connect credentials and e-mail account information. If you authorize Facebook Connect, the plug in allows us access to your friends' contact information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, including but not limited to Twitter, and e-mail service providers. Social and e-mail contact information helps you connect to friends and contacts for invitation and payment transmission purposes (as well as helping us improve our services and fight fraud). Additionally, another Tokken user may mention you in a transaction in which you are not a party to by “tagging” your username in a transaction note. When you are mentioned in a transaction, a link to your Tokken profile will appear in the transaction note and you will receive a notification about the mentions. You may manage certain contact preferences and notifications in your account settings.
- Financial Information - bank account, routing numbers and credit cards linked to your Tokken account. Tokken does not share financial information with any third-party social networking services.
We may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
When you are using the Tokken Platform, we collect information about your account transactions and trust relationships and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may be a User of the Tokken Platform or have access to the applications.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer. For example, we send a "session cookie" to your computer any time you log in to your Tokken account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don't need to ask you for your password on each page. You are free to decline Tokken cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the website.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers in the United States. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your Tokken password with anyone.
If Tokken learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Tokken Platform, you agree that Tokken may communicate with you electronically. Tokken may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- Send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- Perform other duties as required by law.
How we share Personal Information within the Tokken network
To process payments on the Tokken Platform, we need to share some of your personal information with other persons or companies. Your name, contact information, address, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received and other verification metrics, like social graph activity, may be provided to persons or companies when you transact with, on, or through the Tokken Platform.
We work with vendors to enable them to accept payments from you using the Tokken Platform. In doing so, a vendor may share information about you with us, such as your mobile phone number or Tokken username, when you attempt to pay that vendor. We use this information to confirm to that vendor that you are a Tokken User and that the vendor should accept payment for your purchase.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid through the Tokken Platform, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a court order or other legal process.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Parties
Tokken does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries we control, but only for purposes allowed by this document.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties compelled to do so by a court order, subpoena or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Tokken User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our or any vendor's behalf.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account.
Links to Other Sites
The website may contain links to other sites. Tokken does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
How to Contact Us